Our youth ministry is called VELOCITY, from 1 Corinthians 9:24: “Running to obtain the prize.” For 7th-12th Graders. Provides a place where teens can figure out who they are in relationship to their Creator. We provide a relaxed atmosphere where young people can share from their hearts, and they can learn how much God loves them and what he has planned for their lives. Velocity Youth meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm where we have worship, games, and the Word of God. Other activities on the calendar are All-nighters, Laser-tag, Game & Pizza nights & more!
Details & signup in the foyer
- (boys welcome)Men’s Breakfast on Saturday, March 12th at 9am. Sign up in the foyer. My solemn promise: The more men who sign up, the more food we’ll have! :)
- Nerf War. Sunday, March 13 after morning service. Bring $3 for pizza & a Nerf Rival gun with ammo (or other Nerf gun). We’ll play for a couple hours. Sign up in the foyer.
- The Spirit Tour. Friday, April 15 at the Carlisle Conference Center. A one-day gathering focused on the Holy Spirit & identity. It is through the Holy Spirit that our identity is formed & it’s the Holy Spirit that empowers us to live out our God-given identity. Will feature powerful speaker, Penndel worship team, lots of fun & altar times. Cost is $40.
- Family Skate nights. Every other month on a Sunday night at 7:30pm. Cost is $2 if you sign up at the church. At Sunset Skating Rink (2755 N. Susquehanna Trail. Shamokin Dam). We all have to arrive on time to get the discounted price. You can skate up until 10pm at the latest. If parents plan on dropping off kids please let PJ know they need supervision.
- Youth/Kids bowling nights every other month.
VELOCITY sponsors Nathan, through Haven of Hope. Nathan is 6 years old and lives in Uganda. Our sponsorship provides Nathan with a christian education, daily meals and medical care. It’s only $35 a month from our entire youth group. If you want to contribute we’ll be taking an offering every Wednesday night (See Nathan’s latest letter BELOW).
You can find a 1-time permission slip (BELOW) that is required for all special youth events.